Chee Sern has 26 years of experience. Through the span of 19 years, home grown CS Consulting Engineers (CSCE) has grown into a PSPC CS01 company. CSCE specializes in value engineering design especially for design and build projects.
CSCE stays in the forefront of the industry by adapting the latest technology and working with the industry partners. For example, CSCE was appointed industry partner by CSC (UK) to test and feedback on the latest pre-launched software on integral RC and steel design based on Eurocodes. As such, CSCE is Eurocodes ready. CSC (UK) is the leading software provider for 3D design of steel and RC structures using 3D finite elements analysis. CSC software suites are fully compatible with BIM software such as Autocad Revit. CSCE has been fully BIM compliance and has successfully done many BIM submissions to BCA.
CSCE has assignments from many public agencies such as HDB, LTA, SMRT, MOE, public listed companies, REITS and others.
Soo Chee Sern also stays tuned to the industry changes and development by participating in many industry activities. To date, he has attended about 100 such courses and events. He has also attended accredited courses such as Green Mark Manager, Structural Steel Engineer, QECP, ABC Water Professionals, Project Manager, Design for Safety Co-ordinator etc
RELEVANT PROJECT EXPERIENCE
1. Full instrumentation and static ultimate load tests of bored pile for the Paya Lebar MRT station
2. 60+m deep bored piles in 2 layers of marine clay for the AIA Changi, Changi Road
3. 90+m deep large diameter bored piles in limestone foundation for Menara HSC, Kuala Lumpur
(with pre-boring and grouting of cavities for every piles)
4. Statnamic pile load tests for several projects
DEEP BASEMENT EXCAVATION
1. 2 level basements using sheetpiles with 2 levels with jet grouting for AIA Changi, Changi Road
2. 3 level basements using diaphragm walls with top down construction for Menara HSC, Kuala Lumpur
3. 3 level basements using diaphragm walls with top down construction for Bugis Junction
POST TENSIONING / FLAT SLAB / FLAT PLATE
1. Extensive experience in the use of post-tensioning design program, RAPT
(worked with Gil Brooks of RAPT to refine the program)
2. Key PT designer for Bugis Junction using PT band beam and PT slab
3. PT flat slab with drop panels for industrial buildings with heavy loadings (20 – 30 kN/m2)
(typical grids of 8.4m, 9.0m, 10.8m, 11.4m, 12m)
4. PT flat plate (without drop panels) with shear studs for punching shear
1. 20 storey shear walls transfer into columns using deep transfer RC wall-beam for hotel in Kuala Lumpur
2. 20 storey transfer of columns at hotel lobby using post-tensioned beams for hotel in Kuala Lumpur
3. 40 storey shear walls transfer into columns using deep RC trusses for Conrad Hotel
1. Value engineering for many wide spanning structures using 3D specialized design programs
Copyright © 2015 CS Consulting Engineer Pte Ltd Design and Maintained by Business Thrust Pte Ltd.